Swim Lessons (Temporarily Canceled)
Swim lessons, for all skill levels, are available year-round at both ESAC locations. Water safety, stroke technique, and skill development are all incorporated. Class sizes are limited, please call to register your kids for Swim Lessons today!
Not sure what level your swimmer is? Class descriptions based on age and skill level can be found HERE.
Once you get your swimmer signed up, we require a waiver form to be kept on file. Please print, complete, and turn into the front desk before the first lesson. Click HERE for Waiver Form
Private Swim Lessons (Adults Too!)
ESAC offers private swimming lessons year-round. They are available for members and non-members of ALL ages!!
Please contact the Service Desk at either the Clackamas or Milwaukie location for pricing and scheduling.
Package of 4 or 8— 30 minute one-on-one sessions available now!
Package of 4 or 8— 30 minute semi-private sessions available now!
Specialty Swim Programs
Welcome to the Water
Welcome to the Water is a parent-child involved class for babies ages 6 months - 2 years old. Classses are held Monday/Wednesdays 5:00 - 5:30pm. Must have minimum of 2 participants and maximum of 4.
- Babies will get comfortable in the water with their parent
- Practice blowing bubbles
- Floating on front and back
Adult Swim Lessons
Adult swim lessons are offered at both East Side Athletic Club locations for swimmers 13 years and older! Lessons are geared toward the adult who is just learning to swim, wanting to improve technique, and/or increase stamina for exercise. You will set goals with your instructor and work to achieve them. Call today to find out details on our next sessions dates and pricing. Minimum of 2 participants and maximum of 4.
Is your swimmer ready to move on from swim lessons and become a more proficient swimmer? East Side Athletic Clubs offers a year round swim team for those interested in taking their swimming to the next level. Expect to learn flip turns, drills, and techniques to get faster as well as participation in swim meets.
Shark Team - Beginner
Tuesday/Thursdays(Levels 1, 2, & 3)
- Level 1 - 4:00-5:00pm: Build a strong foundation in freestyle and backstroke,. Introduce side breathing while slowly building stamina in the water.
- Level 2 - 5:00-6:00pm: Refine side breathing skills. Introduce flip turns and increase speed and stamina in the water.
- Level 3 - 6:00-7:00pm: Refine backstroke, breaststroke and flip turns. Build endurance and stamina.
Mandarin Team - Intermediate
M/W/F: 4:30-5:30pm(Fridays practice is split into dryland training and pool time. )
- Refine all four strokes, build basic endurance and stamina.
- Begin to learn medley and relays.
- Prerequisites: Completed Sharks 3 or skills have been evaluated and are equivalent to Mandarin team. Abillity to continuously swim 100 yards of freestyle, backstroke, 75 breaststroke, and 50 breaststroke.
Betta Team - Advanced
M/W: 5:30-6:30PM | FRIDAY 4:30 - 6:30PM (Fridays practice combined with Mandarin team & is split into dryland training and pool time. )
- We refine all four strokes while radically building sets to increase endurance and stamina.
- Continue to learn and refine medley and relays.
- Prerequisites: Completed Mandarin team or skills have been evaluated and are equivalent to Betta team. Able to swim 100m freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and 50m butterfly.
Barracuda Team - High School
M/W: 6:30-7:30PM | FRIDAY 5:30 - 6:30PM (Fridays practice is split into dryland training and pool time. )
- Focused on drills and distance.
- This team is in addition to high school swim team.
- Prerequisites: Completed Betta team or skills have been evaluated and are equivalent to Barracuda team. Able to swim 100m of all 4 strokes.
East Side Athletic Club Clackamas 503-659-3846
9100 SE Sunnyside Rd., Clackamas, OR 97015
East Side Athletic Club Milwaukie 503-659-3845
4606 SE Boardman, Milwaukie, OR 97267